Because of the Sophos issues that many of my clients experienced, many endpoints required a re-installation, particularly on Terminal Servers. This is a quick and easy reminder of best practices for installing applications on a terminal server.
- Log on to the server as a domain administrator
- Open up command prompt and type the following command
change user /install
- Your session will now be ready to install applications that will work across all user profiles.
- Install the application required e.g. Microsoft Office
- Once you have finished the install open up command prompt again and type in
change user /execute