Not sure if anyone else out there has had issues with the wireless card for the Intel NUC but I had some pretty frustrating moments with it. Bluetooth connectivity, wireless dropouts, minimal connectivity and so many other inkling bits and pieces.
There was a little hint in the product manual that made little to no sense to me. See below:
Here I am frantically looking for these two wires. Is it in the NUC, can’t find it. Was it in the wireless card packaging? Nope. Do I need to buy it??? Ok I may sound like a massive noob BUT I’m sure by posting this, one or two other people might find the following information useful.
It was in the NUC!!! The little ninja cables were there all along.
- Remove the lid of the NUC.
- On the side of where the wireless card slot is, there will be wires running underneath the board (Image 2).
- Pull out the wires, remove the sticky tape and plastic heads.
- NOW follow the instructions given to you in the manual (Image 1) and plug in the ends of the wiring to the wireless card.
- Download the latest drivers from the Intel site and enjoy wireless streaming from your little bundle of joy.
What do you plan on doing with yours?